Check out these “God give me strength” quotes on your way to feeling inspired.
It does not matter what spiritual path you subscribe to.
It does not matter if you look into the Bible or Quran.
It does not matter who or what you pray to.
In the end, everyone seeks strength from something or somewhere.
Some people look to something outside of themselves, others look to the self for guidance, but all beings seek strength and support at some point in their lives.
Obstacles happen, they are part of life.
While we overcome these obstacles, we need reminders and support.
Aside from spiritual practices, the support we desire often manifests in song lyrics, tattoos, prayers and popular culture.
We all draw strength and inspiration from different things, we can celebrate the idea that we are all seeking strength together.
Let us know which quote is your favorite.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
God Give Me Strength Prayer Quotes
1. “Ask God to give you strength to endure, and rest assured, He will take care of you.” – Joel Osteen
2. “Dear God, give me the strength to move through my day with grace and love in my heart.” – Jill Alman Bernstein
3. “God will always be there with us and give us the strength to meet the difficulties in life.” – Wendell E. Mettey
4. “God!!! Give me strength to face today’s challenges, So I could come up with a better version of myself.” – Sejal
5. “God, give me strength to get through today. You know the struggles I have to face. The ups and downs along the way, the need for me to find my place.” – Kim-Lee Patterson
6. “Dear God, If I hurt others Give me the strength to apologize. If people hurt me give me the strength to forgive.” – Mitch Smith
7. “God may not always get you out of a situation, but he will give you the strength to get through it.” – Maria Micah Rosales
8. “God will give you strength, for every Battle wisdom for every Decision, and Peace that Surpasses Understanding!” – Andrew Guzaldo
9. “If God holds me to be a pure instrument for the spread of nonviolence in place of the awful violence now ruling the earth, He will give me the strength and show me the way.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “God give me the strength to journey these untraveled roads of life! Give me the wisdom and insight to prosper in your light during this journey!” – Nishan Panwar
11. “God give me the strength to get up when I fall – and the grace to forgive those who gave me the push.” – Nishan Panwar
12. “God’s strength in your weakness is his presence in your life.” – Andy Stanley
Anonymous God Give Me Strength Quotes For Overcoming Challenges
13. “Lord give me strength for the fight.” – Anonymous
14. “Lord, please calm my heart and take away my anxiety.” – Anonymous
15. “Give God your weakness and He’ll give you his strength.” – Anonymous
16. “You say: I don’t know if I can make it. God says: I will give you strength.” – Anonymous
17. “Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.” – Anonymous
18. “Dear God: Please give me the strength to break free from things that are breaking me. Help me move on with my life.”- Anonymous
19. “Dear God, I’ve tried my best, but if today I lose my hope, please tell me that your plans are better than my dreams.” – Anonymous
20. “I asked God for strength, and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.” – Anonymous
21. “Dear God, if I ever lose my hope, please give me strength and replenish my soul.” –Anonymous
22. “No one makes a lock without a key. That’s why God won’t give you problems without solutions.” – Anonymous
23. “Dear Lord, please give me the strength to make it through tomorrow with a smile.” – Anonymous
24. “Dear God, I know You are listening, please give me strength. I put my trust in you.” –Anonymous
25. “Thank you, God, for giving me the strength to keep going when all I really want to do is give up.” – Anonymous
26. “God give me strength, both spiritually and physically to do the work you have called me to do.” – Anonymous
27. “Dear God: I need you more than ever. Please bring peace to my confusion, joy to my sadness, and hope to my heart.” – Anonymous
28. “Even when our burdens are too much to hold, God gives them to us to make us stronger.” – Anonymous
29. “God give me strength to keep going. You’re the answer to my prayers, the calm after the storm, and the solution to my problems.” – Anonymous
30. “God give me strength, both spiritually and physically to do the work you have called me to do.” – Anonymous
31. “Dear God… I don’t ask you to make my life easier, but I ask you to give me strength to face all my troubles.” – Anonymous
32. “Dear God: I need you more than ever. Please bring peace to my confusion, joy to my sadness, and hope to my heart.” – Anonymous
33. “Dear God: Please give me the strength to break free from things that are breaking me. Help me move on with my life.” – Anonymous
34. “Yes Lord! Please give me strength, wisdom, and direction. Amen.” – Anonymous
God Give Me Strength Quotes From The Bible
35. “But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength.” – 2 Tim 4:17
36. “Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10
37. “God, give me strength each day to fight for my family.” – Nehemiah 4:14
38. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” – Psalms 46:1
39. “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
40. “But you, Lord, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.” – Psalm 22:19
41. “He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters.” – Samuel 22:17
42. “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” – Proverbs 31:25
43. “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.” – Romans 15:5
44. “I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121:1-2
45. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
46. “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” – Exodus 15:2
47. “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” – Isaiah 40:29
48. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
49. “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.” – 1 Chronicle 16:11
50. “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.” – Psalm 29:11
God Give Me Strength Quotes To Get You Through Tough Times
51. “God gives me strength to face a fact though it slays me.” ― Thomas Huxley
52. “I pray to the God within me that He will give me the strength to ask Him the right questions.” ― Elie Wiesel
53. “O God, how easily I make them happy! Give me strength to always be the light of their lives and so lead them to You!” ― Mother Teresa
54. “We do fall away from faith. God’s grace gives us strength to rise again.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
55. “The Lord was pleased to strengthen us, and remove all fear from us, and dispose of our hearts to be as useful as possible.” ― Richard Allen
56. “Religion is a personal thing in my life and fighting in the ring, it’s boxing. It’s my profession. God always gives me strength.” ― Manny Pacquiao
57. “You know god gives me that inner strength, that super strength to get through things.” ― Duane Chapman
58. “Give me strength to walk the soft earth, a relative to all that is.” ― Black Elk
59. “God, give me hills to climb, and strength for climbing!” ― Arthur Guiterman
60. “Though cares and sorrows e’er must come, Though heart be rent, I know that God will give me strength, When mine is spent.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
What did you learn from these God give me strength quotes?
Today, the world is full of people who identify with a religion.
Of the most popular religions, planet earth has 2.2 billion Christians, 1.6 billion Muslims, 1 billion Hindus, 500 million Buddhists, and over 400 million indigenous spiritual practitioners.
All of those individuals seek strength and support on their journey in different ways.
For the billions of other people who do not follow a secular religion, they still engage in one form or another of support seeking.
Perhaps they find the support they need through loved ones or inspirational figures.
Everyone on our planet has sought strength in times of need.
We have enough reminders of what distances us in our world.
Our differences can separate us, but we can just as easily focus on what brings us together.
That is a powerful shared experience that can bring those of different backgrounds closer.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these God give me strength quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Educator, Writer and Entrepreneur
August 30, 2022 7:00 AM EST
Be the first one to leave a comment!
- Inspirational Quotes Short Inspirational Quotes to Fuel Your Day Nia Simone McLeod
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes by Famous People About Life, Love and Success Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Inspirational Quotes for Kids About School, Life, and Success Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Relationship Quotes Celebrating Real Love Dr. Nikki Martinez, Lead Contributor
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes About Education and the Power of Learning Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Best Senior Year Quotes for Graduation and the Yearbook Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Monday Motivation Quotes To Start Your Week On The Right Note Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Deep Love Quotes To Best Express Deep Feelings Dr. Nikki Martinez, Lead Contributor
- Inspirational Quotes New Beginning Quotes About Starting Fresh Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Love Quotes for Him To Make Him Feel Like A King Norbert Juma, Lead Editor
"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." "Be strong and courageous.How do you pray for strength for someone? ›
A Prayer for Strength and Wisdom
God, there are things happening around my friend right now that I do not understand. Some of these things make her feel weak, helpless and afraid. Even in the midst of this, help her know that you are the Lord. I know that the situation is in Your hand, and I trust You.
“I'm proud of you for walking this road, for doing what's right for you.” “You're making a big change, and that's a really big deal.” “I know what you're going through is hard, but I'm rooting for you every minute of every day.” “Even when you might not feel it, you've got the strength to get through.”How do you pray for strength in difficult times? ›
Help me not to fear the future but to boldly trust that you are in control when my emotions plunge me down, and when I am in despair. And times when I can't talk and don't know what to say, help me to “Be still, and know that you are God”. Be my comforter, my healer and bring me peace. In Jesus' name, Amen.How do you thank God for His strength? ›
Prayer of thanks for God's guidance
Thank you, Holy Spirit, for guiding us through a tough day, and thank you for giving us the strength to make hard decisions. O Lord, may you give us the wisdom to approach tomorrow with gratitude and humility.
How does this power come to us? Power comes from God and is exercised through our weakness. The world around us needs followers of Jesus who are humbly empowered by and through the love of God. It is our job to influence those around us with His power, for the good of the world we live in and for all eternity.What is a powerful prayer to say? ›
Father God, we bow before you, and recognize our great need of a Savior. Today we want to lift our hearts and give thanks for Your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ. We lift our hearts in praise to our Savior, and as your loved children and your redeemed servants, we lay our lives before you in worship.What are some powerful prayers? ›
- The Lord's Prayer. Our Father who art in heaven, ...
- Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. ...
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. ...
- O gracious and holy Father, ...
- Morning Prayer. ...
- Christ with me, Christ before me, ...
- The Serenity Prayer. ...
- Bless all who worship thee,
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” ...
- “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.” ...
- “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”
- Hang in there.
- Don't give up.
- Keep pushing.
- Keep fighting!
- Stay strong.
- Never give up.
- Never say 'die'.
- Come on! You can do it!.
The prayer of protection. The prayer of transformation. The prayer of restoration.How do you trust God when life is hard? ›
Because God loves you, you can show your trust in Him by talking about all your feelings and circumstances with Him — the good and hard — through prayer. Don't let your emotions rule your life; bring them to God so He can help you address them. He is not disappointed or frustrated by your struggles, doubts or pain.What God says about hard times? ›
Psalm 55:22 “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.” A powerful verse, Psalm 55:22 touches on how you don't have to go it alone when times are tough. Instead, turn to the Lord who will 'sustain' you and help you get through it.How do you thank God in one word? ›
thank God/goodness/heaven(s)How do you say thank you in a powerful way? ›
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this. ...
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn't have pulled this off without you. ...
- 3 Thank you, you're amazing! ...
- 4 I'm so thankful for everything you bring to the team. ...
- 9 I appreciate your hard work. ...
- 16 Grateful for your support.
Thank you, Lord, for the blessings you have bestowed on my life. You have provided me with more than I could ever have imagined. You have surrounded me with people who always look out for me. You have given me family and friends who bless me every day with kind words and actions.What is God's power called? ›
Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence only to the deity of their faith.What are the power gifts of God? ›
The reason we call them the power gifts, is because each one of these gifts, do something. The gifts that fall into this category are; the gift of special faith, gifts of healings, and the working of miracles.Does God give us the power to choose? ›
Agency Is an Eternal Principle
“Thou mayest choose for thyself, for it is given unto thee” (Moses 3:17). God has told us through His prophets that we are free to choose between good and evil. We may choose liberty and eternal life by following Jesus Christ.
Lord Jesus, I come before you, just as I am, I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In your Name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works.
I come before you, oh Lord, and drink in this moment of peace, that I may carry something of your hope, love, and joy today in my heart. Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don't go my way.Why prayer is very powerful? ›
God, our loving Heavenly Father, wants us to communicate with Him through prayer. He always listens to us when we pray. Daily prayer can bless you, your family, and those you pray for. It can also invite more peace into your life, help you learn more about God's plan for you, and more.What is the best short prayer? ›
“Father in heaven, I stand before You today in Your omnipotent presence to ask that You grant me strength. I want You to give me the strength to power through all of the tasks today — whether little or big. It is by Your will that I live oh Lord. And I know it is also by Your will I will not go weak today.What to pray when you don't know what to say? ›
Just ask yourself, “What does God mean to me?” and “What has he done for you?” Now praise and thank Him for it.What is a peaceful prayer? ›
A Prayer for Peace of Mind. Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you've laid out for me.What is a simple prayer to say? ›
Simple prayer of thanks
We thank you for your goodness, your mercy and your grace. Help us to carry these wonderful gifts in our own hearts and lives. May we minster these to all the world. Amen.
Find your inner strength and get up one more time than you fall. True strength comes from within, you are stronger than you think.What are the strongest quotes? ›
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
- 1) Success is No Accident. ...
- 2) Success is Not Final, Failure is Not Fatal: it is the Courage to Continue that Counts. ...
- 3) Don't Count the Days, Make the Days Count. ...
- 4) He Who is Not Courageous Enough to Take Risks Will Accomplish Nothing in Life. ...
- 5) Don't Wait for Opportunity, Create it.
Always lift the person by their hips.
Never pull or grab under their arms as this can cause extreme pain. The muscles in the arms do not handle force well. Consider the use of a transfer belt if you are not able to hold your loved one by their hips.
- “True fulfillment comes from helping others.” – Anonymous.
- “True success, true happiness lies in freedom and fulfillment.” – Dada Vaswani.
- “People want riches; they need fulfillment.” – Robert Conklin.
- “Success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure.” – Tony Robbins.
- "When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go." ...
- "Nothing is impossible. ...
- "There is nothing impossible to they who will try." ...
- "The bad news is time flies. ...
- "Life has got all those twists and turns. ...
- "Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."
- Give Them Vision. ...
- Don't Hide The Target. ...
- Provide Regular Feedback. ...
- Make Employees Part Of The Solution. ...
- Focus On People Development. ...
- Communicate! ...
- Don't Overlook The Power Of Praise. ...
- Build Fun.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” “You just can't beat the person who won't give up.” “There is no failure except in no longer trying.”What are three inspiring words? ›
“Dreams come true.” “Never give up.” “Winners never quit.” “Success breeds success.”What is the most used prayer? ›
The most common prayer among Christians is the "Lord's Prayer", which according to the gospel accounts (e.g. Matthew 6:9-13) is how Jesus taught his disciples to pray.What is a good prayer to say everyday? ›
A Morning Prayer
Almighty God, you fill all things with Your presence. In Your great love, keep us near You this day. Grant that in all our ways and doings we remember You, and have the grace to know and perceive what things You would have us do, and give us strength to do the same; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Prayer of Worship.
- Prayer of Thanksgiving.
- Prayer of Faith.
- Prayer of Intercession.
- Corporate Prayer.
- Prayer of Consecration.
- Prayer of the Holy Spirit.
God loves us, but because of our sinful nature, He allows these things to happen. He knows that by allowing us to experience failure, pain, and struggle, we will grow stronger in our faith and to become closer to Him and moving away from sin.How does God help us in time of trouble? ›
Although God's help may give strength, His help is more than that. Psalm 46:1 says, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” God helps by giving refuge in the midst of battles and trials. He is the believers' safe place, always ready to strengthen them when they feel weak or afraid.
Faith in God brings comfort and cheer, even in the midst of stress and crushing difficulties. Faith is what helps us trust God in difficult times. To see difficulty the way God does, we need Bible verses for hard times we can hold on to.What God says about not giving up? ›
9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Isaiah 41:13. "For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I am the one who helps you.'" 1 Peter 5:6–7. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. Psalm 94:18– ...Why do we need strength from God? ›
We are not called to rely on our own strength. No matter how big an obstacle in front of us may seem, if we rely on God's power, we can overcome it. In addition, God's strength acts as a shield from feelings of anxiety we may experience. When we fully put our trust in Him, He walks alongside us.Where in the Bible does it say God gives us strength? ›
Psalm 28:7-8 NIV
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. 8 The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." "With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle." "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."Which psalm says the Lord is my strength? ›
Psalm 28:7 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
Take Psalm 29:11, “The Lord will give strength to His people…” It is not a question. It is a statement, a promise if you will, that God will give strength to those who believe in Him… who follow Him and are HIS PEOPLE. It is through God's love that He gives us the promise of strength.What is a good Bible verse for strength? ›
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
8. My strength is perfect in weakness: 2 Corinthians 12:9–10. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
The prayer of protection. The prayer of transformation. The prayer of restoration.How do you motivate a strong person? ›
- Limit the amount of time or effort that you're asking for. ...
- Share in the sacrifice. ...
- Appeal to their emotions. ...
- Give people multiple reasons for doing what you want them to do. ...
- Be the change you want to inspire. ...
- Tell a story. ...
- Appeal to people's value system.
Exodus 15:2. 2 “The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.Where is the Lord is my strength? ›
Psalms 28:7-8 In-Context
7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
What is the Biblical Context of Nehemiah 8:10? “Then he said to them, 'Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).Can you ask God for strength? ›
A Prayer and Fasting Devotional
And we can ask God for strength because He is the source of all strength and power, and He promises to give strength to His people.
- By Faith Alone… ...
- The Promise of Salvation. ...
- The Promise of Freedom from Sin's Grip. ...
- The Promise of His Provision. ...
- The Promise of Freedom from Fear. ...
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.